The Multi-Dimensional Data Conversion Solution™ migrates your detailed historical transactions from any legacy system and imports them into Intacct®.
One of the most powerful features of Intacct® is its dimensional capabilities. Where QuickBooks is limited to classes and locations (in QBO), Intacct® creates an almost unlimited number of ways (through Dimensions) to contextualize, track, and analyze your data. We believe that you should be able to utilize those dimensional capabilities in analyzing and understanding your future business but also have the opportunity to apply the same architecture to your historical data. The architecture is important and so our workflow not only imports your data, but it does so with its future use in mind.
The Multi-Dimensional Data Conversion Solution™ is the following:
- A platform-independent data migration workflow that is currently optimized for QuickBooks® (online and desktop) and other legacy systems
- Internally developed programming using Excel and Visual Basic
- Full dimensional mapping capabilities which allow us to configure the system to any conceivable strategic architecture
- Over 15,000 transaction imports per campaign (100,000 lines of reporting per run capacity – if there are more, we can handle that too!)
- 99.99% accurate on the 1st pass of error detection (error subroutines are customized to your data set)
- Pricing based on mapping complexity not solely on the amount of data
- Delivery times in days not in weeks or months
- Allows you to retire your legacy system resulting in improved ROI
- Allows you to have contiguous historical data in the same dimensional architecture as your future implementation
Who Benefits the Most from the MDCS
- Individuals and companies who can clearly communicate what they want to be able to do with their data by way of a decision matrix
- Individuals and companies with a dimension strategy that is already well-designed in Intacct®
- Dimensional jump/exceptions lists are already in place (ex. combination rules, hierarchal changes)
The MDCS Process
- Dimensional mapping – you provide us with all the dimensions that need to be mapped from your legacy software into Intacct® with all the rules and configuration requests you need.
- Utility modification and customization – we create a workflow that is specific to your needs.
- Presentation of import candidate (exported report – typically a journal report) – we show you the output of your data to a granular level, not just summaries
- Import conversion – we convert our outputs of your data into a usable CSV file in a demo environment
- Error detection and correction – we conduct a quality control check so that you can then verify that no errors have been made (this is done both inside the program before it’s exported and again when it’s in the demo environment)
- Intacct® live import – we import your data and also ensure that there are no errors and that implementation is simple and future customization is possible
The Financial CoPilot provided a bookkeeping, accounting and CFO solution package called the Contract Finance Department™. One of our clients reached thirteen QuickBooks® Online (QBO) databases and needed a more functional solution. After four months of research, we found Intacct® and were excited about the software’s ability to provide user-specific dashboards, rights management, and many other features necessary for scalability and growth. We were particularly excited that one of the software’s biggest strengths was that it was optimized for a multi-entity environment. A big reason why we made the leap from QuickBooks® to Intacct® was for this very reason. In June 2014, we became an Intacct® Accountant Partner and were shown a QuickBooks® migration tool that Intacct® offered. From that demo and our practice with the tool, we anticipated being able to easily migrate our client to Intacct® with all of their detailed historical data. We know how frustrating it can be when moving from a legacy system to a new one that sometimes that move means either still keeping the legacy system around for historical data or having to migrate that data. We looked forward to not having that problem when using the tool.
But a good story isn’t a good one without the “details.” And it is those details that turned our story into a solution not just for that client but for others. What happened? After seeing the demo of the QuickBooks® migration tool we promised the CEO of the client company that we would be able to migrate all of their multi-entity data and put the legacy system to rest in just 8 days. We made that promise at 1PM EST on Thursday. Later that very day our hopes were dashed when we were told that the existing data migration tool would only work with migrations in a single-entity environment. We were told that a full migration may conservatively take three months and cost in several tens of thousands of dollars. There was no way we could go back to our client and break that kind of news to them. What resulted from that roadblock was an opportunity to overcome it. We overcame it with version 1.0 of The Multi-Dimensional Data Conversion Solution™ (MDCS).
The Financial CoPilot team possessed nine years of experience creating software that migrated data between financial systems. Those nine years prepped us for the undertaking of developing an internally developed utility to do what we’d promised. We created the tool in record time and by the next day, we had migrated four years worth of data from one entity into Intacct® and within a few days , had fully migrated all the data for all thirteen entities. By the thirty-fourth iteration of our utility, we went from an 80% first-pass error detection ratio to one error for every 300,000 transactions, while reducing overall workflow time! We continue to modify the software in order to improve efficiency and accommodate configuration complexity. Our mission in designing this solution is in eradicating the amount of time a user spends migrating from their legacy software to Intacct®. By removing this barrier to entry, individuals and companies can be more empowered in making the migration to Intacct®.
Pricing & Contact
We’d love to work with you! We offer affordable pricing to fit virtually any budget. Contact us or call 910.221.4567 for a quote or if you have additional questions. We’ll reach out to you in order to answer your questions or set up a meeting within one business day. Also, feel free to view our Intacct® Marketplace Listing!
The Financial CoPilot™ is an Intacct® Marketplace Partner.
The Multi-Dimensional Data Conversion Solution™ is a workflow intended to quicken and ease the transition to Intacct®.
The Financial CoPilot™ is a DBA of Carolina Private Financial Corporation.